Get swift support with affordable and reliable locksmith in Brisbane
When you’re locked out of your home or facing a security issue in Brisbane, trust our professional services to come to your rescue.
We’re your dependable local specialists in Brisbane, offering 24/7 emergency assistance for residential, commercial, and automotive needs. Whether it’s midday or midnight, our skilled technicians are equipped with the latest tools and expertise to handle lockouts, rekeying, lock installations, and security system upgrades.
At Lock2lock, we specialise in a range of services, including:
- Residential locks
- Commercial locks
- Automotive locks
- Key Cutting
- Cameras & Alarms
- Emergency locksmith services
We prioritise your safety and convenience, ensuring fast response times and competitive prices. Whether it’s a lost key or a security upgrade, count on our team in Brisbane to provide efficient and reliable solutions.
Get in touch on 0406 332 554 for your obligation-free quote.
Our Brisbane Locksmith Services
Emergency Lockout Services
Key Cutting and Duplication
Security System Installation
Master Key Systems
Car Key Services
Frequently Asked Questions about Locksmiths in Brisbane
How much does it cost to change a set of locks?
The cost to change locks in your Brisbane home or office can vary widely depending on several factors, including the type of locks, the number of locks to be changed, the locksmith’s labor charges, and the complexity of the job. Here are some general guidelines to give you an idea of the potential costs:
Standard Lock Replacement: For a basic lock replacement on a standard residential door, you can expect to pay anywhere from $75 to $150 per lock. This typically includes the cost of a new lock and the service fee.
High-Security or Electronic Locks: Upgrading to high-security or electronic locks will be more expensive. Costs can range from $200 to $500 per lock, including installation.
Labour Charges: Labour charges can vary. Some may charge by the hour, while others may have a flat rate for certain services. Hourly rates can range from $60 to $120 or more, depending on the experience and location.
Emergency Service: If you require lock replacement outside of regular business hours, you may incur additional fees for emergency service, which could add 50% or more to the total cost.
Additional Services: If you need multiple locks changed or require additional services like rekeying existing locks, extracting broken keys, or installing deadbolts, the cost will increase accordingly.
Materials and Lock Quality: The type and quality of the locks you choose will affect the overall cost. High-quality locks or specialised security systems will be more expensive than basic options.
How long does a locksmith service typically take?
The time it takes for one of our experienced team members to complete a job can vary widely depending on several factors, including the specific service being provided, the complexity of the task, their experience, and their availability. Here are some general guidelines for different services:
- Lockout Services: If you’re locked out of your home, car, or office and need the expert to gain access, the process is usually quick and can take anywhere from a few minutes to around 30 minutes, depending on the lock and circumstances.
- Lock Replacement: Replacing a standard residential door lock typically takes around 30 minutes to an hour per lock. However, if you’re changing multiple locks or installing high-security locks, it can take longer.
- Key Cutting: Key cutting is usually a quick process and can be done in a matter of minutes.
- Rekeying Locks: Rekeying locks also varies in time, but it’s generally faster than replacing locks. It can take around 15 to 30 minutes per lock.
- Installation of Complex Lock Systems: Installing advanced security systems, electronic locks, or access control systems can take several hours or even a full day, depending on the complexity of the job.
- Safe Installation and Repair: Installing or repairing a safe can be a more time-consuming task and may take several hours or even multiple visits, depending on the safe’s size and complexity.
- Security Assessment and Consultation: A security assessment and consultation can vary in time, depending on the size of the property and the level of detail involved. It may take an hour or more.
How long does a typical lock last?
The lifespan of a key lock can vary significantly depending on several factors, including the quality of the lock, the level of use, environmental conditions, and maintenance. Here are some general guidelines:
Quality of the Lock: High-quality locks, typically made from durable materials such as solid brass or steel, tend to have a longer lifespan. They can last for decades or even longer with proper care.
Level of Use: The more frequently a lock is used, the faster it may wear out. Locks on main entry doors, which are used daily, may wear out more quickly than locks on less frequently used doors.
Environmental Conditions: Exposure to harsh weather conditions, extreme temperatures, or corrosive environments can affect a lock’s lifespan. Locks installed in coastal areas with saltwater exposure may deteriorate more rapidly.
Maintenance: Regular maintenance can extend the life of a lock. Lubricating the lock mechanism and keeping it clean can help prevent wear and corrosion.
Security Upgrades: Over time, advances in lock technology and security standards may make older locks less effective. Upgrading to more secure locks can be wise decision for security reasons.
Normal Wear and Tear: Like any mechanical device, locks will experience normal wear and tear over time. Springs and pins may weaken, leading to decreased performance.
Generally, a well-maintained, high-quality lock can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years or more. However, it’s essential to keep an eye on the lock’s performance. If you notice signs of wear, such as difficulty turning the key or increased friction when locking or unlocking, it may be time to consider maintenance or replacement.